By Swati Mohapatra

Luni maccha Jeera tarkari


Luni maccha Jeera  tarkari

Luni maccha (Sardines) Jeera dia tarkari. Got these fresh Sardines (luni maccha) from my local fish shop. My local fish shop owner is a Bengali lady with whom I have friendly relationship. Before this corona era whenever I went there, we always exchanged some smiles n a few talks. She always tried to talk in Odia n I tried to communicate with her in Bengali. Missing those happy n normal days when we used to roam around everywhere without any fear but seems like it will not be happening soon. during the lockdown period we are completely dependent on the online delivery services for meat n fish stores. Honestly speaking I have never found them fresh. For chicken they are okay but for fish n mutton I am never satisfied with the quality. That's the reason I stopped eating fish for few days. but few days back my local fish shop owner called me and said, "Didi I opened my store plz do visit ". I was very happy after hearing that, now when she has fresh fish she immediately sends me the picture n asks me whether I want it or not ,Today morning she sent these fresh Sardines images n I immediately told her to keep them for me. After the sardines reached home, Soumya requested make them in his Bou's way. so, I called my mother-in-law and got her recipe of jeera maccha. here it is me presenting the jeera maccha tarkari.

Ingredients: -

 

Sl.no

Item

Quantity

1

Sardines Fish

250 grams (medium size)

2

Jeera

2 tbs

3

Dry red chilly

4

4

Garlic cloves

4/5

5

Tomato

2

6

Tamarind Juice

1 tbsp

7

Turmeric

1 tbsp

8

Salt

As per taste

9

Mustard Oil

As required

 

Method: -

  • Wash & clean the fishes properly. Add turmeric & salt
  • Heat oil in a pan & fry the fishes. Keep aside
  • To a grinding jar, Add the Jeera, garlic cloves & dry red chilly and make a fine paste
  • Now, again heat oil in a pan & add the masala paste
  • On boiling of masala paste, add tomato & salt.
  • Cook till the tomato goes soft & oil comes out from side n masala becomes dry.
  • Add some water & bring the gravy to boil.
  • On boiling, add the fishes & cook for 2 mins
  • Finally, Add the Tamarind Juice to the curry & cook for another 2 mins.
  • Switch off the flame & serve hot with rice.

(Note: - You can make this gravy with any small fish) 

No comments:

Post a Comment