By Swati Mohapatra

Pani kakharu Pachadi/Raita

 

Pani kakharu Pachadi/Ash gourd Raita… most of the time I end up with these vegetables by making some ghanta or santula. But my little one loves this version; she just loves curd and anything made with curd is always her favourite.  And it gives me immense happiness when I see her eating vegetables. At my Parent's house there was big rule that whatever was cooked u had to eat that, no options for opting any vegetables. and whatever food is on ur plate u must finish that.  my bou had very strict rules for food wastage, she always said one thing be thankful to God, u have food on ur plate but so many people are out there who don’t have that privilege. never ever hate any food or waste any food. Those lines always hit me very hard, may be that's the reason I was never a fussy eater. I can happily eat each n every vegetable and same I want to pass on to my little one. 


Ingredients: -


Sl.no

Item

Quantity

1

Pani kakharu

2 cups chopped 

2

Curd

1 cup

3

Mustard seeds

 

4

Garlic pods

4/5

5

Dry red chilly

1/2

6

Curry leaves

handful

7

Grated coconut

1/2 cup

8

Ginger grated

1 inch

9

salt to taste

 

10

Oil

1 tsp


Method: -

  • Take a pan and heat oil in it. Once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds, dry red chilly, crushed garlic, grated ginger, and the curry leaves. Let the mustard seeds splutters.
  • Then add the chopped ash gourd salt and mix well.
  • Add little bit if water and Cover and Cook for 10-15 minutes with until the water from the ash gourd evaporates and it becomes soft.
  • Take off from the heat, let it be cool then add the curd, grated coconut and serve.
  • Enjoy it with rice and dal as a raita, it goes very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment