By Swati Mohapatra

Chaula Khiri/ Rice kheer




Chaula khiri/ Rice kheer..one of the quintessential dessert of India. For me , it's the Birthday wali dessert . I remember when I was a kid at that time my birthday celebration started with this khiri, my mamma used to make this as an offering  to bhagabanji as our   ritual at house during birthday .Here I m just following her footsteps, today is my husband's birthday so i  made this . 
In India ,we usually make kheer  for  celebration or for  any festival or simply  just because  we feel like eating something sweet. This one is such a simple and humble dessert with no fancy ingredients just needs rice,sugar & milk.. that's it.I m sure every Indian have their own   memories attached to this kheer. Here's the recipe 😊
Ingredients:
Milk( full cream)- 1½ litre
Rice (washed & soaked for atleast half an hour) -1/4 cup
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Raisins- 10/12
Green cardamoms- 4/5
Cashew nuts- 10/12
Bayleaves- 1
Ghee -1 tbsp
Method:-
*Boil the rice and milk in a deep pan. Add bayleaves and green cardamoms into this.
*Simmering it on low flame, stirring continuously till the rice is cooked completely and starts to dissolves in the milk. 
*In another small pan, put some ghee fry cashew nuts , raisins and keep aside.
*At this point milk starts thickening ,now add sugar into this. Simmer it till the sugar gets dissolves.
*Now add the fried cashew nuts and raisins into this & switch off the flame.
* Garnish it and serve hot or chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment