By Swati Mohapatra

Amba sadha





Amba sadha/Mango bars :- This recipe is made from sweetened and sun dried mango pulp and has a very unique leathery texture. Some foods always take me back to the lane of memories no matter how modernised and urban I become, I simply cant leave behind my craving for them and Amba sadha is one of them.

My childhood memories is almost incomplete without mentioning Amba sadha. The memory and visions of Aai, squeezing the mangoes pulp and drying them for days in the sun on open verandas is still fresh on my mind and feels like yesterday. The excited kids, me n my cousins were tempted to taste that one bite of Amba sadha, but our Aai used to tell us not to touch them before it's ready. We used to ask again n again, is it ready? How much time will it take, Aai always smiled & replied the exact one thing every time , "bhala sai sukhi baku dai na hela bhala lagiba nahi ki bahut dina rahiba nahi". Let it dry completely in the sunlight or else it will not taste good n also wont last for days. All those sweet memories were flashing behind in my mind when I was making them.💞




Ingredients:-

Mangoes -7/8 (overripe)
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Salt – 1 tbsp

Method:-
  • Peel the mangoes and collect pulp in a bowl, add sugar and make a smooth paste.
  • Take a heavy base pan, pour mango mixture into it, add salt then cook for 10-12 minutes on a low flame by continuously stirring it.
  • Take a plate/ tray and grease the surface with ghee and then pour the mixture, flatten it and dry in sun for two to three days .
  • Let it be tried completely and when it's done cut into small pieces and stored in air tight jars.These are Known to stay good for months without the need of refrigeration.
  • Tasty Amba sadha / Mango bars is ready.

Note:- The thickness of amba sadha entirely depends upon the quantity of mango pulp poured on the plate and if the thickness increases then the sundry time also increases.

No comments:

Post a Comment