By Swati Mohapatra

Gulgula



Gulgula....a childhood love of mine, The name always fascinates me & brings a big smile on my face... while growing up there was no fancy indulgence for us..we always ate homemade fresh food,...and" bou "(my mother)had solutions for everything, when we wanted sweet snacks ,she made this gulgula..She only needed 15/20 minutes to whip up and homemade gulgula was ready for our sweet cravings...with very basic n easily available ingredients like wheat flour, sugar/ jaggery, banana, milk/yogurt with the dash of fennel seeds for flavor.she mashed everything in big bowl and made a batter then fried them in oil/ghee,I prefer the ghee one more😊..The tiny tiny banana dumplings taste amazing for me.. ..Today,I did the same for my little one as she was craving for her favourite doughnut and my pantry was running out of maida...so I told her.. baby,let's make a new dish and told a small story about how her Aai made this for me and how I loved them..and she agreed to try this. Even she became my little helper and we spend some #motherdaughter time and made them ,with no surprises she loves it ... ❣️

Ingredients :-
Atta - 2 cups
Banana-2/3 (overripe)
Jaggery/sugar- 1 cup
saunf/fennel seeds- 1 tbsp
Milk- 1/2 cup
Salt - to taste
Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
Oil/ghee- for frying

Method:-
  • Grind the banana and sugar/jaggery until smooth puree. Then transfer to a mixing bowl.
  • Then add atta , fennel seeds,salt and baking powder.
  • Add milk to it to form a batter of dropping consistency (add more milk if required).
  • Heat oil and add a coin size of the batter over high heat.
  • Lower the heat and let the gulgula cook over medium heat, turning once or twice till brown.
  • Then remove the fried gulgula and again Repeat this process with the rest of the batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment